Linked to ongoing interests in environmental sustainability, since 2009 Atoll Ltd has pledged via regular subscriptions to Carbon Footprint Ltd and Tree Apeal to offset it’s carbon use through contributing to verified carbon reduction projects and planting 1 tree in the North West each month. Carbon offsetting is a way to reduce the emissions that are unavoidably incurred in running a business. It helps to combat global climate change as well as caring for local communities.
Carbon Footprint Ltd share a common goal to maximise commercial opportunities (from both sales tender and operational savings) as well as wishing to develop sustainability credentials that will enhance their brands, engage stakeholders and make their businesses better places to work at. Carbon Footprint Ltd is:
- Committed to the environment – ISO 14001:2015 certified and Carbon Neutral
- Committed to quality – ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Leading in carbon offsetting – founding members of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS)
- Committed to learning – we run the Carbon Academy for peer group learning, frequently give talks and contribute paper to journals
- Highly Recognised – we have won a number of awards and also are a chosen partner for various European funding programmes that benefit our clients
- Independently audited Business Carbon Calculator
Tree Appeal plants trees to promote biodiversity, create habitats and improve the environment for people. The trees are paid for by our Corporate Partners – businesses that want to make a positive contribution to the environment. Most of our trees go to schools in the UK and Ireland.